There exists concern among many men that ejaculation after vasectomy will somehow be different and that these differences might influence sexual performance or desire. The good news for most men is that they really won’t see much change between the way they ejaculated before and after the procedure. Volume of ejaculate remains almost identical; it looks the same and should feel the same too.
For those still concerned about the issue, it can help to review the ejaculation process and the changes that it undergoes when a vasectomy is performed. Ejaculate is made up of a combination of fluids. Part of this is sperm that is made in the testicles and gets pushed into the vas deferens, but part of it is sometimes called semen, though semen can be a name used for the fluid that contains sperm too. This fluid arises from other parts of the male reproductive system, and these parts undergo no change. They will work as well as they did before.
The only difference, is that vasectomy blocks the path of sperm joining with the semen. Therefore, ejaculation after vasectomy is simply semen minus the sperm. It helps even more to know that the amount of that percentage of sperm in an ejaculatory emission is about 5% or lower. Basically, the vasectomy has reduced the total fluid volume by about 5%. The other 95% of the fluid is still there.
It is important to make a few more distinctions clear. In the early days after this procedure, the ejaculate a man produces after a vasectomy could still contain sperm. Usually, doctors suggest a three to six month waiting period before people engage in unprotected sex if they are avoiding pregnancy. Most men will be asked to provide two sperm samples in the months following a vasectomy to verify that the procedure was successful. Quite often, the procedure is successful, but most people don’t want to leave this up to chance.
With these safeguards in place, it bears repeating then, that ejaculation after a vasectomy is very unlikely to cause only a minute difference in ejaculate. It shouldn't change the pleasure derived from the experience, and the quality and quantity of semen remains roughly the same. The only difference is semen is absent a small amount of sperm. Most men and their partners do not find this absence problematic or less pleasurable.